Aug 1, 2022 to Aug 7, 2023
Monday, August 7th - 10:00 AM
Location: Gimli Rec Centre Categories: Arts & Culture, Entertainment, Contests
Date: Monday, August 7th
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Start (Gimli Rec Centre), End (Gimli Park)
Celebration of Icelandic heritage and cultural emphasis. Parade entry is free of charge and open to all entries that fall under the following categories:
- Club or Organization
- Best Overall
Judging entries is based on overall message, décor, design, signing, originality, cultural relevance, authenticity & crowd appeal. We award for First Place and Judge's Award/Best Overall Entry
Click here to download the Parade Entry
Rules and Regulations
- All entries are subject to approval of the parade Marshall & or other deputies, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- All entries must check in & register at a major check point as a group at the Rec. Centre parking lot between 8:30 & 9:00 AM.
- Please be on time – late entries will not be allowed in the parade.No give-aways of throw-aways on the parade route unless pre-approved!
- Approved items may only be given out on the curb, throwing anything is prohibited!
- Entries are responsible for the safety of spectators
- All entries must be decorated
- All political and religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival board of directors through a written letter of request
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must all be ridden by qualified riders and provide themselves with their own clean-up crew for the parade route and marshalling area.
Click here for details on how to participate in our Lawn Parade contest
The History of the Islendingadagurinn Parade
Enjoy our video highlighting past moments from our annual festival parade.