Safety & Services
- Wash/santize your hands regularly
- Consider wearing a mask indoors and outdoors when encountering large crowds
- Stay home if you're not feeling well and enjoy virtual aspects of the festival
Public washrooms are located throughout the town of Gimli and cleaned and maintained regularly throughout the weekend by the Municipality of Gimli.
- Gimli Park: Fourth Ave and Amisk Drive
- Gimli Beach: Intersection of the Beach and Barney Thomas Drive and Goldfield Drive
- Gimli Information Centre: Intersection of the Harbour and Centre Street
Temporary washrooms can be found in the Gimli Harbour area during festival weekend.
(Yellow festival pinnys or official IFM volunteer shirt/lanyard)
Hundreds of volunteers welcome you to the town of Gimli on festival weekend. Volunteers can be found walking throughout the town and at all of our events. You can identify volunteers who are wearing a festival pinny (yellow), an official IFM volunteer shirt (indicated on back of shirt - color and style changes each year), and/or by their volunteer lanyard.
Festival staff can always be located at the Festival office at 94-1st avenue in the Waterfront Centre (bottom floor), and by calling (204) 642-7417.
Bad Weather Info
We are at the mercy of the Norse weather Gods and weather can change frequently and quickly in our lake-side town.
Come prepared for all weather situations: sun, rain, wind. Make sure to bring all of the necessary items like sunscreen, water, bug spray, umbrella's etc. to keep your family safe and protected.
Check our website and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for any event changes related to weather conditions. We do our best to keep everyone informed of cancellations/changes.
Lost & Found
If you find or lose an item during festival weekend please check in with the Festival office at 94-1st Avenue in the Waterfront Centre (ground floor), call (204) 642-7417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All festival events are subject to federal and provincial laws and enforcement by the Gimli RCMP
The Icelandic Festival encourages everyone to enjoy our events safely and responsbily and does not promote or condone the use of illegal drugs, excessive drinking or underage drinking.
First Aid & Wellness
St. John's Ambulance provides First Aid, set up at Centre St and the Harbour (Saturday and Sunday) and Gimli Park on Monday. For any non-emergency help please call the local RCMP line, (204) 642-5106
- ATM's available inside the Lakeview Resort (harbour area), and at the Access Credit Union and CIBC (both located on Centre Ave.)
- Visit the Festival Office at 94-1st Avenue, Waterfront Centre (ground floor), and our various festival partners in town to purchase tickets and festival souvenir programs
- Official festival merchandise can be found at the Festival Office, at a booth in the Harbour Area (Saturday and Sunday), and at Gimli Park (Monday). You can also purchase online www.shop.icelandicfestival.com
Public parking is available on Second Ave. between Centre St. and Goldfield Ave. and along town streets. Please avoid parking at the harbour area and First ave. if possible to help reduce congestion. Be considerate of space reserved for festival events.