Safety & Services
All in-person festival events comply with the province of Manitoba public health orders. Each event has a COVID-19 safey plan and protocol reviewed in detail by a Icelandic Festival of Manitoba COVID safety comittee. The festival is commited to ensuring the safety of our community and festival-goers and providing safe, fun, events for all to enjoy.
Please familarize yourself with event safety and restricitons before attending an event. Some of our events are limited to fully-immunized individuals, or those 12 and under attending with fully-immunized individuals - as per public health orders.
- Come prepared to show digital or physical proof of full immunization (2 weeks past 2nd shot) if required.
- Maintain a safe 2m distance from those outside of your household
- Wash/santize your hands regularly
- Wear a mask indoors when required and outdoors when social distancing may not be possible.
- Stay home if you're not feeling well and attend the festival virtually!
- Be kind to our volunteers helping to keep you safe
Public washrooms are located throughout the town of Gimli and cleaned and maintained regularly throughout the weekend by the Municipality of Gimli.
- Gimli Park: Fourth Ave and Amisk Drive
- Gimli Beach: Intersection of the Beach and Barney Thomas Drive and Goldfield Drive
- Gimli Information Centre: Intersection of the Harbour and Centre Street
Temporary washrooms can be found in the Gimli Harbour area during festival weekend.
(Yellow festival pinnys or official IFM volunteer shirt/lanyard)
Hundreds of volunteers welcome you to the town of Gimli on festival weekend. Volunteers can be found walking throughout the town and at all of our events. You can identify volunteers who are wearing a festival pinny (yellow), an official IFM volunteer shirt (indicated on back of shirt - color and style changes each year), and/or by their volunteer lanyard.
Festival staff can always be located at the Festival office at 94-1st avenue in the Waterfront Centre (bottom floor), and by calling (204) 642-7417.
Bad Weather Info
We are at the mercy of the Norse weather Gods and weather can change frequently and quickly in our lake-side town.
Come prepared for all weather situations: sun, rain, wind. Make sure to bring all of the necessary items like sunscreen, water, bug spray, umbrella's etc. to keep your family safe and protected.
Lost & Found
If you find or lose an item during festival weekend please check in with the Festival office at 94-1st Avenue in the Waterfront Centre (ground floor), call (204) 642-7417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All festival events are subject to federal and provincial laws and enforcement by the Gimli RCMP
The Icelandic Festival encourages everyone to enjoy our events safely and responsbily and does not promote or condone the use of illegal drugs, excessive drinking or underage drinking.
First Aid & Wellness
St. John's Ambulance provides First Aid, set up at Centre St and the Harbour (Saturday and Sunday) and Gimli Park on Monday. For any non-emergency help please call the local RCMP line, (204) 642-5106
- ATM's available inside the Lakeview Resort (harbour area), and at the Noventis Credit Union and CIBC (both located on Centre Ave.)
- Visit the Festival Office at 94-1st Avenue, Waterfront Centre (ground floor), and our various festival partners in town to purchase tickets and festival souvenir programs
- Official festival merchandise can be found at the Festival Office, at a booth in the Harbour Area (Saturday and Sunday), and at Gimli Park (Monday). You can also purchase online at shop.icelandicfestival.com
Public parking is available on Second Ave. between Centre St. and Goldfield Ave. and along town streets. Please avoid parking at the harbour area and First ave. if possible to reduce congestion.