Celebration of Icelandic heritage and cultural emphasis. Parade entry is free of charge and open to all entries that fall under the following categories:
- Club or Organization
Judging entries is based on overall message, décor, design, signing, originality, cultural relevance, authenticity & crowd appeal.
First Place $200
Second Place $100
Judge's Award/Best Overall Entry $300
Congrats to our 2016 Parade Winners!
- Vestur Islendingur-Heimaland - Donna & Brian Austfjord
- Heima Er Best Inc. - Crystal Manulak
- Festival Du Voyageur - Dominique Tetrault
- Crazy Jumpers - Patricia Tschanen
Rules and Regulations
- All entries are subject to approval of the parade Marshall & or other deputies, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- All entries must check in & register at a major check point as a group at the Rec. Centre parking lot between 8:30 & 9:00 AM. Please be on time – late entries will not be allowed in the parade.
- No give-aways of throw-aways on the parade route unless pre-approved!
(if approved items may only be given out on the curb, throwing anything is prohibited!)
- Entries are responsible for the safety of spectators
- All entries must be decorated
- All political and religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival board of directors through a written letter of request
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must all be ridden by qualified riders and provide themselves with their own clean-up crew for the parade route and marshalling area.
- Download Parade Registration Form
Click here to download the 2016 Parade Form