Celebration of Icelandic heritage and cultural emphasis. Parade entry is free of charge and open to all entries that fall under the following categories:
- Club or Organization
Judging entries is based on overall message, décor, design, signing, originality, cultural relevance, authenticity & crowd appeal. We award for First Place and Judge's Award/Best Overall Entry
Congrats to our 2017 Parade Winners!
- Best Cultural - Gimli Icelandic Canadian Club
- Best Community/ Organization - Crazy Jumpers Dog School and Boarding School
- Best Overall - Ivan Flett Memorial Dancers with the Riverton Friendship Centre
Youth Winner - Willow Island
Rules and Regulations
- All entries are subject to approval of the parade Marshall & or other deputies, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- All entries must check in & register at a major check point as a group at the Rec. Centre parking lot between 8:30 & 9:00 AM. Please be on time – late entries will not be allowed in the parade.
- No give-aways of throw-aways on the parade route unless pre-approved! Approved items may only be given out on the curb, throwing anything is prohibited!
- Entries are responsible for the safety of spectators
- All entries must be decorated
- All political and religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival board of directors through a written letter of request
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must all be ridden by qualified riders and provide themselves with their own clean-up crew for the parade route and marshalling area.
Click here to download the 2017 Parade Form
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2017 Parade Marshall - Lindy Vopnfjörð
Born into the Icelandic community in Manitoba, Lindy Vopnfjörð began his career singing traditional Icelandic folk songs and touring with his musical family. Lindy has recorded six studio albums of original songs, many of which have been hits on radio in Canada. To see and hear him in person is to witness years of honest delivery and authentic exchange with a talent as dedicated to a room of three as he is to a standing ovation before a sold out audience at Massey Hall in Toronto. Lindy will be performing at Harpa in Reykjavík in September with Nydonsk.