Celebration of Icelandic heritage and cultural emphasis. Parade entry is free of charge and open to all entries that fall under the following categories:
- Club or Organization
- Best Overall
Judging entries is based on overall message, décor, design, signing, originality, cultural relevance, authenticity & crowd appeal. We award for First Place and Judge's Award/Best Overall Entry
Congrats to our 2018 Parade Winners!
- Best Cultural - Prairie Thistle Pipes and Drums
- Best Community/ Organization - Gimli Icelandic Canadian Society - Looking Back
- Best Overall - Parks Canada's Manitoba Field Unit Float
- Youth Winner - Gimli Youth Bowling
- Best Commercial - Icebound Excursions
Click here to download the 2018 Parade Form
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Rules and Regulations
- All entries are subject to approval of the parade Marshall & or other deputies, and can be withdrawn at any time.
- All entries must check in & register at a major check point as a group at the Rec. Centre parking lot between 8:30 & 9:00 AM.
- Please be on time – late entries will not be allowed in the parade.No give-aways of throw-aways on the parade route unless pre-approved!
- Approved items may only be given out on the curb, throwing anything is prohibited!
- Entries are responsible for the safety of spectatorsAll entries must be decorated
- All political and religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival board of directors through a written letter of request
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must all be ridden by qualified riders and provide themselves with their own clean-up crew for the parade route and marshalling area.