- Saturday, July 31st - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Sunday, August 1st - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Monday, August 2nd - Noon to 3:00 PM
Location: Lakeview Gimli Resort - Darren Hall, 10 Centre Street
Registration: Free entry
This event is limited to fully immunized individuals only, or children 12 and under attending with fully immunized adults - as per public health orders. Participants will be asked to show a valid QR Code, physical immunization card or record of immunization to enter.
*This in-person event is subject to change with little notice, pending public health restrictions. Please continue to check our website and social media for the most up to date information.
In 2021 we celebrate the 52nd annual Islendingdagurinn Art Show. Featuring works of local artists of Icelandic descent and artists who wish to celebrate Icelandic culture and heritage.
Awards will be made for oustanding works from various art forms: pottery, painting, ceramic, photography, carving, sculpture etc.
Download and fill out the Art Show submission Form, and return to the address listed on the form no later than July 28th, 2021.
Art Show Judge
Steina graduated from Fine Arts in the 70’s from the University of Manitoba. Art has been a lifelong pursuit. Drawing, painting, jewellery design and even clothing making are among her pursuits. Steina has lived in Gimli for 16 years. Her and her husband Ryan moved to Gimli from Winnipeg. She currently has a studio in South Beach and also a shop in Gimli. The Interlake is a creative community. Visitors to the area take note of this. She is happy to be part of this creative vibration, and is endlessly inspired by the work being done by artists in the area.
Visit the Icelandic Festival Facebook Page and view artwork from the Icelandic Festival Purchase Collection.
- This event is limited to fully immunized individuals only, or children 12 and under attending with fully immunized adults - as per public health orders. Participants will be asked to show a valid QR Code, physical immunization card or record of immunization to enter.
- A mask must be worn at all times at this event
- Contact tracing information will be requested and destroyed after 21 days
- Participants must maintain a safe distance 2m from other participants and volunters not a part of their household.
- This event has limited capacity.