- Saturday - 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Sunday - 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Monday - 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Location: Lakeview Gimli Resort - Darren Hall, 10 Centre Street
Registration: Free entry
In 2023 we celebrate the 54th annual Islendingdagurinn Art Show. Featuring works of local artists of Icelandic descent and artists who wish to celebrate Icelandic culture and heritage.
Awards will be made for oustanding works from various art forms: pottery, painting, ceramic, photography, carving, sculpture etc.
2023 Art Show Judge
Lisa Obirek is the studio facilitator of Artbeat Studio's artist residency. She oversees the 6-month peer-support space for artists who live with mental health challenges through facilitating group art sessions and mental health conversations, initiating outings and community connections, and connecting with the artists individually. Lisa has worked in the community arts with people of many ages, abilities, and relationships; it has brought her throughout the prairies, Southern Ontario, Zambia, and Madagascar. As an artist, Lisa works primarily with acrylic paint and linocut printmaking to work through grief and identity.
Visit the Icelandic Festival Facebook Page and view artwork from the Icelandic Festival Purchase Collection.
2022 Art Show Winners
- Best Photography - Karyn Suchy "Gift from Guðlaug”
- Best Mixed Media/Best in Show/Icelandic Festival Purchase Award - Linde Svalasdottir - “If You Can’t See the Sun – Be the Sun”
- Best Youth - Carly Sigmundson - “Fagriskogur”
- Best 3-Dimensional - Bill and Nan (Valgardson) Hayman - “Viking Baby Cradle”
- Soren Tergesen Memorial Award - Charlotte Sigurdson - “2040”
- Best Painting - Jacqueline Trudeau - “Clam Bake”
- Best Youth Under 12 - Zoe Evanyshyn - “Lost in the Sea”
- Best Drawing - Keira Goodman - “George Harrison”
- Best in Show - Terry Rebizant - “The Swimmer”
- Icelandic Festival Purchase Award - Kim Valgardson Zinke - “Einherjar”