Icelandic Fashion Show
Jul 31, 2021
Saturday, July 31st - 1:00 PM
Location: Gimli Park Categories: Arts & Culture, Entertainment, Virtual
Date: Saturday, July 31st
Time: 1:00 PM (Doors open Noon)
Location: Gimli Park, Gimli Park Pavilion
Tickets: $10 (limited tickets available at door)
Icelandic Fashion Show (In-Person)
Only 100 tickets available for purchase online and in-person at the Icelandic Festival Gift Shop in Gimli. Tickets include an Amma's Kitchen at Heima take home Icelandic snack box and to-go coffee/tea/water. Tickets can be purchased at the door Saturday.
We are very excited to bring this popular event back to the festival that showcases traditional and modern Icelandic costumes and fashion. This year’s show features models and costumes from the fashion video, with piano accompaniment performed by Kerrine Wilson.
A limited number of participants at a time (25) can enter the Gimli Park Pavillion at a time to view the Icelandic Festival Fashion Show videos from 2020 and 2021 and pick-up their boxes and drinks. Limited seating is available inside.
The fashion show portion will take place outside at Gimli Park under the tent, in-front of the stage. Seating will be provided.
- Indoor tables are limited to 8 people per table. Fully immunized individuals, or children 12 and under attending with fully immunized adults, and households may sit together. Participants will be asked to show a valid QR Code, physical immunization card or record of immunization for seating purposes.
- A mask must be worn all times while inside the Gimli Park Pavillion, and is encouraged outside if physical distancing of 2m is not possible.
- Contact tracing information will be requested and destroyed after 21 days
- Participants must maintain a safe distance 2m from other participants and volunters not a part of their household while attending the event.
- A limited number of people (25) will be allowed to enter Gimli Park Pavilion at one time.
Icelandic Fashion Show Video Release
As a continuation of the fashion show video released in 2020, the 2021 video will feature a more in-depth introduction of our models and description of their traditional dress.
The video will be released on our website and social media on 1:00 PM on Saturday and played at the in-person fashion show event.
Enjoy our video from the 2020 virtual festival.