Registration: 9:00 AM
The parade travels from the Rec Centre on Highway 9, south to Centre street, down Center Street to First Avenue, around the loop by Betel and down First Avenue to Amisk Drive finishing at Gimli Park.
See Locations Map for Parade Route.
The Icelandic Festival’s Annual Parade is the largest parade in rural Manitoba. It attracts thousands of people every year for this grand event.
The parade is open to all entries and is free of charge. Entries fall under the following categories: Commercial, Club, Organization or Team, Children’s/Family, Special Groups, Cultural Entry
Entries will be judged based on overall message, décor, design, signage, originality, authenticity, cultural relevance and crowd appeal.
- Best Cultural Entry
- Best Youth/Family Entry
- Judge’s Award/Best Overall Entry
Rules and Regulations:
- All entries are subject to the Parade Marshall and other deputies and can be withdrawn at any time
- All entries are required to register at a major checkpoint as a group at the Gimli Rec. Centre parking lot (just West of Hwy 9) between 8:30-9:30 AM. Please be on time – late entries may not be allowed in the parade
- No giveaways or throw aways on the parade route unless pre-approved. Items must be handed out at the curb if approved. Throwing items is prohibited for the safety of spectators.
- All entries must be decorated.
- All political or religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival Board of Directors through a written letter of request.
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must be ridden by qualified riders and supply their own cleanup crew for the parade route and marshalling area.
Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the event.
REMINDER: NO PARKING ON PARADE ROUTE MONDAY MORNING - VEHICLES WILL BE TOWED!
Dates: 05-08-2019Registration - 9:00 AM Start - 10:00 AM