Contests - Parade
Celebration of Icelandic heritage and cultural emphasis. Parade entry is free of charge and open to all entries that fall under the following categories:
- Club or Organization
- Special Groups
- Cultural entry
Judging entries is based on overall message, décor, design, signing, originality, cultural relevance, authenticity & crowd appeal.
|First Place $600.00|
|Second Place $400.00|
|Third Place $300.00|
|Fourth Place $200.00|
Rules and Regulations
All entries are subject to approval of the parade Marshall & or other deputies, and can be withdrawn at any time.
All entries must check in & register at a major check point AS A GROUP at the REC. CENTRE parking lot between 8:30 & 9:00 a.m. Please be on time – late entries will not be allowed in the parade.
NO GIVE-AWAYS OR THROW-AWAYS ON THE PARADE ROUTE UNLESS PRE-APPROVED (if approved items may only be given out on the curb, throwing anything is absolutely prohibited!!!
- Entries are responsible for the safety of spectators
- All entries must be decorated
- All political and religious entries must be pre-approved by the Icelandic Festival board of directors through a written letter of request
- All marching members should complete the entire parade
- Horse units must all be ridden by qualified riders and provide themselves with their own clean-up crew for the parade route and marshaling area